In 2015, Nouveau Monde discovered a graphite deposit on its Tony claims block, part of its fully owned Matawanie graphite property. This discovery recently gave rise to the publication of results from a Feasibility Study (FS), released on October 25, 2018 by Nouveau Monde.
- This FS demonstrated strong economics with a planned production of 1000,000 tpy of high purity flake graphite concentrate, and a mine life of 25.5 years.
- The Probable Mineral Reserves, identified over the West Zone of the Tony Block totals 59.8 Mt grading 4.35 % Cg.
- Post tax NPV is 751 M$ CAD
- Post tax IRR is 32.2% and post tax pay back period is 2.6 years
- Capex is 276 M$ CAD and Opex 499 $ CAD per tonne of finished product
- Currently operating a 1000 tpy demonstration mining & processing project
- All-electric mining and processing open pit meaning a carbo neutral project
- Operational team with a total of 60 years of recent hands on experience in graphite
- The Matawinie graphite project is located in the municipality of Saint-Michel-des-Saints, approximately 150 km north of Montreal. It benefits from direct access to a workforce and the appropriate infrastructure to operate, including abundant and renewable hydroelectric resources. Nouveau Monde’s team members are developing this project with the outmost respect for the neighboring communities, while targeting a low environmental impact footprint.